Sunday, May 24, 2009

The 10 Best Beauty Products For Spring and Summer

Since becoming a Plus Size Model I have found myself becoming more and more of a "beauty product freak". I'm really not sure if that is a good or a bad thing since there are so many great products out on the market now. I am constantly asking the makeup artists that I work with on shoots what products they love and cannot live without and then I find myself on another adventure. I have definitely learned on my beauty product shopping adventures that you have to try a few products out in order to find your favorite and what works best for your skin. What works for one girl may not work for the other. After all of my adventures here are my top ten favorite beauty products that I cannot live without.


1--Kinerase lotion: This is an amazing gentle moisturizer for combination to oily skin. It not only moisturizes my skin but I have noticed after using it for sometime now that it has evened out the overall tone/color of skin. It definitely has done its job! Sells for $72 at Sephora

2--Philosophy's 'Hope in a Tube' Eye and Lip Crème: I just love this stuff!! It's for aging skin and works to help reduce the signs of pre-mature aging and promote resilience. Sells for $33 at Sephora

3--Mary Kay's Oil Matifier: This is a lifesaver for me at every shoot!!! It absorbs oil and helps control the shine for up to 8 hours. You even can reapply this stuff over your makeup. It's amazing and sells for only $15 visit marykay.com

4--Arbonne's 'About Face' Concealer: This product is all natural and works perfect for hiding those not so pleasant pimples that decide to pop the morning of a shoot!!! It works on all skin types and also helps with dark-circles and puffiness. Only sold at Arbonne.com for $20

5--Anastasia's 'Brow gel' in clear: This botanical conditioning brow gel helps keep my unruly brows in their place with no flakiness and sells for $21

6--LORAC TANtalizer Baked Matte Satin Bronzer with SPF 15: Love it! It is a mineral-based, baked formula that goes on super silky and leaves my skin with a bronzed/sun-kissed glow that lasts all day. Sometimes I like to use it as an eye shadow. It is available at Sephora for $30

7--Nars lip gloss in 'Orgasm': I wear it literally everyday. It is a universally flattering peachy pink shimmery gloss sold for $24 at Sephora

8--MAX Factors 2000 Calorie Curved Brush Mascara: I have sensitive eyes and have a hard time with different mascara's but truly love this one. This amazing mascara gives my lashes a dramatic look I love while adding volume. An true essential on all of my photo shoots. Available at Drugstore.com for $5.49 WHAT A STEAL!

9--CHI Silk Infusion: This stuff makes my hair look and feel amazing and adds just the right amount of shine. Available at Drugstore.com for $10.99

10--Bath and Body Works 'Warm Vanilla Sugar' Body Cream & Fragrance Mist: I love the smell of VANILLA and cannot live without these 2 products. The fragrance stays with me all day and I always get tons of compliments. Available only at BathandBodyWorks for $12 each

So there you have my 10 best beauty products for Spring/Summer. You can't go wrong with any of these products. Happy shopping!

1 comment:

Semi Permanent said...

I just came across this blog and get to me very informative and helpful same time.
Semi Permanent Make Up