Sunday, April 5, 2009

There Actually Are More Eyeliner Colors Than Black

Three months ago, if you had asked me which eyeliner colors to buy (or read my article about eye makeup) I would have told you to buy a black and maybe a brown and be done with it. That's all changed though, with my recent discovery about all the great colors that don't look unnatural.

Deep Purple
Applied just right, it can really make your eyes stand out without making you look like one of those bizarre "I'm wearing a million colors that don't match" types. Subtlety, as always, is key here.
In addition to being worn subtly during the day, this works great with the deeper colored lipstick choices, making for an all around sultry look. Combine with well-applied highlighting and contouring, and you'll look amazing.

Teal
More of a nighttime look, teal can add a nice splash of color to complement more colorful lip and eyeshadow colors. Since it's a night-time look, you can afford to be a bit more adventurous with your color choices here.

White
Tired? Up late the night before (from the great date where you, say, wore the teal eyeliner)? White brightens your eyes and makes you seem more alert. Perfect for hiding the fact that, if nobody was around, you'd probably just plop your head down and pass out on the spot.
So, yeah, I suppose I've caved a bit. You can actually have fun with colors a bit without looking bizarre. Maybe I'm just getting older. That, or I'm just going color-blind.

No comments: